Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rice is Nice

Out grocery shopping today I stumbled upon a gigantic bag of rice.  

Here let me put it in perspective for you:

I wasn't going to bring out the rice today but I needed to get some packing done.  Usually I stick around to see what happens but I've done rice before and I figured I should just walk away and deal with the results later.  All were happy (including mom who was thinking if I can't see it it's not there) until I hear Scott yell, "Mom, come see what Sydney do!"

That's when Sydney comes chasing after Scott with 2 handfuls of rice.  Hmmm...did we forget one of the rules of rice play?

Apparently she was lifting the rice up with her hands and watching it fall to the floor amongst other things I'm sure.  I'm pretty sure Scott had a part in this mess as well.  

Clean up! (one of many)  Scott got a lesson on sweeping rice into a pile for easy clean-up.


He was very proud of his huge pile.  I asked him if he was ready for me to sweep it into the dustpan and pour it back in the containers.  His response, "No.  I want to save it and bring it with me to Russia to show daddy."  So I said how about a picture for daddy instead.

I would like to give a big thanks to my vacuums today for doing a superb job cleaning up a few pounds of rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment