Sunday, July 1, 2012

Old vs. New

Growing up I loved playing with cars.  It ranked up there with barbies and dolls...well almost.
The city was one of the favorites for the cars.  
It was saved from childhood but due to the hot hot hot weather in Texas the pieces got a bit warped after 25+ years in attics, boxes, etc.  One day I was at a thrift store and found another set for $5.99 (grey pieces)!!  
Now if we connect a grey piece to an old piece it stays together and it's even better than before!

Some characteristics have changed while other features have stayed the same.  If I only knew how much toys from my childhood were going to be I would of saved a whole lot more...

They still have a ferry...

There's no more Chuck's Burger and Fries...

The street signs and building signs have been replaced with graffiti or car pictures.
It's ok and I've said it many times before--they don't make them like they used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment