Saturday, June 18, 2011

One room painted...


The first room of the house has been painted--the kitchen!

After weeks and months of debating we took the plunge.

This is a before picture.  It's the best I had on file of the kitchen before it was painted.  This one was taken back in October right after we moved in.

And...the after...are you ready for this?!

Don't mind the clutter.  I said the kitchen was painted not tidy.

Sometimes it looks blue, sometimes green and even gray at other times.  You really have to see it in person to understand and appreciate this color.  We started yesterday evening and finished this afternoon.  We are still trying to figure out what to paint the bar.  Then add some curtains, perhaps a new light fixture, wall hangings and other decorations.

Honestly it was not what I thought it would be.  It's better.  I didn't know what to expect but I love it.  Still every time I walk in I'm a little shocked but in a good way.  The kitchen was just so drab before and now it's got a pop of color!  It's fun, colorful and hopefully will make the hours and hours I spend in the kitchen much more pleasant :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment