Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Lake

For Grandma's birthday we went up to the lake for a bit of swimming and fishing and birthday celebrating.
It drizzled the whole way.  It was the first day that it might of not hit 80+.  Was this going to be a successful lake trip?  Cake and UNO were a sure thing.  But will we swim?  Will we fish?  

Oh we will.

I missed his jumping in, his true experience in a Minnesota lake. 
 He was all good until he was swarmed by a school of minnows.

This one braved the water on the pink raft shown in the background.  

I wasn't going to but how can I not.  It had been 7 years since I'd been in the lake.  
This is proof that I did jump.

Fishing was next and will get it's own post so it's on to dryer activities.


The stand-in birthday candle...

Opening gifts with quite the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment