Monday, April 22, 2013

Stories to Remember...

It's almost daily when I hear from Sydney's teachers..."You've got to hear what Sydney said today!"

I forget most of them so I'm really going to try and write them down.  There were some good ones recently.

Story 1
Let me set the scene.  Sydney's room has a door to the outside playground that they often leave open.  One teacher is out, one is in.  So one day while playing outside Sydney storms in raises her hands in the air and announces, "That's it!  I've had it!  I need a drink."  She goes over to her juice cup and downs it.
I'm pretty sure we haven't modeled that behavior at home.

Story 2
Sydney: "Mommy, when am I going to be shot in the heart with an arrow by an Indian?"
Me: "Ummm...what?"
Sydney: My teacher said she was shot in the heart by an Indian and she fell in love.  When am I going to fall in love?"
Me: "Cupid!  Do you mean cupid?"  thinking...Really?  Are we having this conversation at the age of 4?

Story 3
While walking back across the grass there is a huge puddle.  Their teacher stands guard of the puddle and says, "To the left! To the left!"  Sydney stops mid line, puts her hands on hips, turns to her teacher and says, "I just love Beyonce!"

(FYI- She sings a song with those words.  Don't know where this child put that song with the singer.  She is something else!)

I continue to wonder whose child she really is...but until I figure that out I'll continue to enjoy the fantastic stories :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment