Thursday, March 15, 2012

water beads

Water beads are awesome!  That's the new word in our house.  
So water beads are used with plants.  To be specific, they are water retaining polymers.  

I was inspired by this blog post last summer.  The activity has been sitting in the pits of my mind and was recently dug up when I ran across them at Michael's the other day.  I can't believe I stood there debating if I should buy a pack (or 2).  I mean come on Jennifer, it was $2.99 and you had a 40% off coupon.  No brainer.  In hindsight I would of bought them even if I didn't have a coupon :o)

I bought a bag of dehydrated ones so they started off the size of seed beads...those teeny tiny beads.


Alright let's just add the whole bag.

As they soaked up the water you could see the wrinkles, the promise that they would grow larger.

Here's the run down...



What an awesome tactile experience!  I think we'll come up with new ways to play with our polymers in the days to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment