Friday, January 6, 2012

Mud

Since our weather has been wonderful the past few weeks I've been digging up a garden bit by bit.  
Today I encouraged them to come outside and play in the dirt/mud.

Dirt quickly turned to mud and one child was all about it.



The other was a bit hesitant.  I will say he was outside barefoot before he asked for shoes and did step on the dirt a couple of times but really wanted to stand on the sidewalk by the pool while digging in the dirt :o)

OK, next up the play by play...
Sydney is having a great time in the mud and really talking it up so Scott gets off the picnic bench and asks, "Can I touch your mud?"  He means with that one finger there.

"Sure!" says Sydney.
Scott takes off his shoes.

He stands on the edge of the grass and asks, "How am I suppose to get over there?" 
I say, "Walk on the dirt, step in the mud."  I think there was a moment that Sydney stretched the shovel as close to him as possible.  
Apparently she couldn't leave the mud to reach him while Scott couldn't go in the mud.

"Never mind.  I've been joking," he says and the shoes go back on.

Leaves more for Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment